Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K Summary: #7, 8, 9 & 10


Trail_of_tears_sign












Yesterday in class we discussed the Trail of Tears and it’s relationship to Arkansas history. The Trial of Tears was the forced relocation of Native Americans during the early 1800’s. I challenged my students yesterday to create a Haiku using their newly found knowledge of the Trial of Tears, and here is what they gave me.
Indians were forced to move
To Oklahoma they moved
So sad, so very sad
- Katelin C.
Lost and left to fend
Indians lost family
Settlers don’t care
- Alex K.
Forced out of my home
For their own selfish wants
Been left with nothing.
- Nikki A.
Today we will continue out discussions about the Trail of Tears and early statehood in Arkansas.
-------------------------------------------------


Hey Mr. McClung,
My name is Brandon, and just like the students above me, I am a student is Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class!
These Haikus were great! It seems that students not only understand what a haikus is and how to use it, but also the subject matter behind The Trail of Tears!
I have really enjoyed all of your posts and I cannot wait to read more!


--------------------------------------------------


C4K #8


Hey! My name is Brandon, and like a few of the comments above me, I am a student at The University of South Alabama currently enrolled in EDM310. Trading day sounds like a lot of fun! I had days like this when I was in school. We really loved them! I can image that getting to play a different sport every few weeks is excited! You get to see what you are good at and which one could use work!

Good luck with your tournaments! I hope you win!

Brandon



--------------------------------------------------


C4K #9


Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog is amazing! She really seems to understand what to do with a blog in the classroom. Her video on how to comment was extremely helpful. Sometimes I forget to use a closing when I am writing a comment. I also didn't realize that you could hold down control and change the word through that method when it is underlined in red! I guess you learn something everyday!


Family Blogging

----------------------------------------------------------------------

C4K #10


Hey Jaden,


My name is Brandon and I am one of the students in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at The University of South Alabama. My blog does not have a mascot, but if I had to choose one, I would choose my stuffed jaguar named SouthPaw. SouthPaw is named after my school's mascot who happens to be a jaguar with the same name. He came to live with me when I first started college! He is brown with spots all over and big, blue eyes!


You are doing a great job on your blog! I hope that you, and Mr. CA, have a great remainder of the school year!


Warmly,


Brandon M. Caten

No comments:

Post a Comment