Saturday, February 19, 2011

Project #10 - My PNL on Symbaloo


After looking into the different websites in which I could start and manage my PLN, I decided to go with Symbaloo because of the easy interface and because I just liked it more than Netvibes.


So far, I've added essential websites that I seem to visit daily: facebook, twitter, blogspot, youtube and gmail. I also added websites that I thought I visit at least a few times a week: USouthAl, apple.com, pandora, flickr, foursquare and IMDB. Symbaloo came loaded with several colorful tiles that were of a broad spectrum of topics and uses, so I went through and kept a few and deleted even a few! I even decided to add a few of my favorite news sources just to make things easier to access!


I can completely see the use of Symbaloo in the classroom and even outside of the classroom in order to provide easier access for students and parents.


I will keep adding tiles to my PLN and see just how fast I can fill it up with things that I use daily!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brandon,
    I too use Symbaloo as my start page and I also learned about it by watching the Wendy Dexler video. I have not introduced it to my 4th graders yet but hope to soon.

    I love how Dr. Strange conducts his class and the projects he has you complete. I know it might seem like a lot of extra work, but believe me that is what being a teacher really means. You have to be willing to put in lots of extra hours to keep learning and growing. This is my 35th year of teaching and I love it more each day thanks to being able to integrate technology into my lessons. My students use kidblog.org, Edmodo, Glogster, Skype, VoiceThread, Google docs and more to complete assignments. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Naugle!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love this class and all of the projects that we have been assigned! It is extra work, but it is extra work to make me an extra special teacher! Cheesy and Corny, I know... but it is truly how I feel! I want to enter my classroom being the best teacher I can possibly be, and EDM310 helps make that possible! This class isn't like others I have been in where the teacher just assigns busy work, but instead he assigns us work that will benefit us!

    I can only pray that by the time I am in my 35th year of teaching that I can say I love it more each day!

    Thank you again for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon,

    Symbaloo is a great tool to use for your PLN because it definitely helps with organization. PLNs are an easy way to access information faster, and it simply puts everything together in an organized clean manner. I am glad you can see the benefit of it in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete